Mumbling

Some random thoughts, sometimes bizarre, sometimes dark, sometimes just incomprehensible!

Name:
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan

I'm an incorrigible optimist, yet a pessimist. I'm a realist, yet an idealist. I'm a dreamer, yet very practical. I'm very liberal, yet very religious. I'm an open person, yet don't share much with anyone. I love people, yet am solitary by nature. I'm too giving, yet too demanding. I'm quite broad-minded, yet very stubborn. I'm as good a listener as bad a talker.

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Happy Birthday, Nina!

Today is my oldest and bestest friend Mehreen (aka Nina)'s birthday. I still remember the day we became friends 20 years ago. I was standing in my school courtyard waiting for my father to pick me up after an exam. She came up to me and said: "Mein woh hoon" (I'm she) :-)

I said: "I know". Not many words transpired after that, but I know we became fast friends right then and there.

All through these years there has been no change in our friendship. I don't remember ever having a single fight. Though I can hardly find anything in common between us (she is sooo naive and I'd always been precocious), yet we're closer than any friends I've ever known. No matter how long has passed, even if we remain out of touch for months at times, still when we talk again we never have to pick up the pieces or start afresh, we can always start from where we left off without missing a thing.

She's one of the few constants in my life. Thanks for being there, Nina! :-)

PS:- I hope and pray that her brother, who's ill with typhoid, gets well soon; and all their worries are replaced with lots of joys. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home