Mumbling

Some random thoughts, sometimes bizarre, sometimes dark, sometimes just incomprehensible!

Name:
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan

I'm an incorrigible optimist, yet a pessimist. I'm a realist, yet an idealist. I'm a dreamer, yet very practical. I'm very liberal, yet very religious. I'm an open person, yet don't share much with anyone. I love people, yet am solitary by nature. I'm too giving, yet too demanding. I'm quite broad-minded, yet very stubborn. I'm as good a listener as bad a talker.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Mumbling or No Mumbling

I was checking out Mumbling's ranking at Google when I found this site. The 1st poem there inspired me so much, that I'm quoting it here.

Beat Prayer for the New Millennium

I want Anne to remember the five important things.
I want a pet who does housework
a cup of lemonade
clarity before action
a checklist for morality
the courage of my voice.
I wish money was an option
dishes were an option
food was free, housing a gift.
I wish people could look at any face
and see what is familiar, what is family.
I wish the wealth was redistributed evenly
and still I had mine.
I want a new couch.
I want a home in California
five minutes from downtown Manhattan.
I want a man I can visit from time to time
who does everything I tell him to do
when I tell him to do it.
I wish I had the son that I have.
I want a publicity agent, a good mother.
I wish I was the genius for a change.

I want money, money, money, money.

I wish I was the man for one night
and my husband was the woman.
I wish the measure of wealth was memory--
that the national treasury housed the brutal battle
the shock of birth.
I wish stories were the exchange
a chicken for a story, an egg for a poem.
I wish topsoil was an historical landmark.
I wish the mother and child did not have to slam themselves
so violently apart.
I wish more of the things I learned in the seventies
still applied.

I wish my son never told me to shut up.
I wish I knew when to shut up on my own.
I wish payback for childhood was retroactive.
I wish a walking trail connected our homes.
I wish the mind was not such an ordinary animal
requiring a kick and slap to cross the smallest stream.
I wish desire was only a small dragon.
I wish my grandmother would visit again
in a dream, tell me the reasons to sing.


- Written by Patti Trimble

PS:- Again, please respect copyright and give credit. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home