Mumbling

Some random thoughts, sometimes bizarre, sometimes dark, sometimes just incomprehensible!

Name:
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan

I'm an incorrigible optimist, yet a pessimist. I'm a realist, yet an idealist. I'm a dreamer, yet very practical. I'm very liberal, yet very religious. I'm an open person, yet don't share much with anyone. I love people, yet am solitary by nature. I'm too giving, yet too demanding. I'm quite broad-minded, yet very stubborn. I'm as good a listener as bad a talker.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

A Poem

I write from time to time - whenever I'm NOT lazy enough to let my bizarre thoughts pass instead of catching them - not poetry, but just random lines or verses (if you can call them verses). But lately I've been lazy :-p

Oh well! You'll get to read something from me soon.

But for now here's something written by my friend Chocolate Fudge.

Butterfly Moments
Sometimes in life you come to a point where you want to spend the rest of your life in self denial...
you don't want to accept what you feel is real and true.
You begin to fear your own words,
your own thoughts and even your own trembling heart.
Yet there are times when you don't want to deny anything!
You want to admit you feel happy,
really happy like the way you have never felt before and you want to make no effort to hide it.
Because you have no control over yourself in spite of all the realities that stare you in the face –
you feel like a little child chasing butterflies.
You know you will NEVER catch it but you love its flight,
its gait, its colors and its beauty...
and your own dance of joy at this mesmerizing moment.
You just want to capture this sight in your heart,
the memory of this beautiful butterfly forever
so you can look back and say…
‘hey you know what... I have had some crazy butterfly moments in my life’.


PS:- While copying this poem, please give credit to Farah Usman aka CC Fudge. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home